Saturday, November 14, 2009

Blogging friends are real friends too...


I don't typically post on Saturday, but the teenager's gone and mom and little one are into an afternoon siesta...so I've got a moment or so to enjoy to myself...well...with you.

I started writing a post every Friday over on Kingdom Bloggers which I really love. There are three of us currently writing for the blog, and we mutually decide on a topic for the week and write from a personal perspective. David Johndrow from Fire and Grace and Dave Tvedt for Woe is Me are my co-contributors. Both of these guys are serious about their relationship with God and take the verse about pray without ceasing to heart.

You've got to take time to visit Matt at The Church of No People. He has a fresh outlook on what it is to be a Christian in the world today. I honestly find myself laughing out loud and saying 'that's right' when I read his blog. The same goes for Kathy at Hey look, a chicken!, who also contributes on Fellowship of the Travelling Smartypants, and Bud at Bud Beverly.

Maybe surprisingly to some of you, I follow several blogs geared for the fairer sex. Leigh Ann at Lulaville is a complete riot, and I enjoy reading about Shauna at Blah Blah Blog who has a very touching family story that proves all does happen for the glory of God. A couple of new follows are Bridget at Bridget Crumbley and my old friend Michelle at Finding Michelle who is new to blogging but definitely has a knack. Oh...Sherri at Everything in Moderation has given me several kicking good recipes.

I often find inspiration and encouragement from Jennifer at Getting Down with Jesus and Mesha over on HE's the potter, I'm the clay.. MOLD ME. Tracy at Abundant Living leaves some of the best comments...along with NC Sue from IN HIM WE LIVE AND MOVE AND HAVE OUR BEING. No way I can forget the Burkulater at It's Time for the Burkulater or Nadia at narrow path home.

Misty Rice, who blogs at Wind Beneath My Wings, is great to follow. Her and Laretha at Beauty Unveiled have visually pleasing pages that also contain heart-felt, quality substance.

There are a number of you I read...but you don't post very often (Derek, Chris T, Dave, Luke, Julie, Lori, BethAnne just to name a few). I wish you wrote more because you each have great stories.

There are also way more of you that read and rarely, if ever, comment...unless I run into you at the grocery store. Most of you don't write blogs and just follow. I'm very thankful for each of you that take a moment or two to read the thoughts of a rambling writer with a passion for what God has done and will do in his life.

I ask you to take just a moment more and think about this...I don't personally know any of the people I've mention with only a few exceptions. Yet, I feel a connection with each and every one. The common denominator is pretty obvious...

I hope you each have a blessed weekend.

11 comments:

Tracy said...

It's an interesting thing I've often considered as well; that there are bloggers whom I regularly read that I feel like they are my friends, even though I've never met them.

David said...

Yeah, the Blogoshpere is an interesting place. Thanks for being on my planet.

L said...

Thanks Tony. It is really cool that God has used the internet for His good. I feel such a strong connection to a few of the blogs I follow it's almost as if we've been friends for a long time...in real life.

In fact, I just emailed one girl to tell her I was thinking about her and wish she was here so I could give her a big hug.

We are all part of the same family - that's why it feels the way it does!

Burkulater said...

I got a plug! Thanks! I'll have to visit some of your blogger pals.

Unknown said...

I agree. There are some bloggers that I have read over the past year that I consider friends. I will take a look at some of the bloggers that you have mentioned in your post as well. Nothing wrong with making new friends.

katdish said...

Thanks for the shout out, Tony. Yes, blogging friends are real friends. I've even met a couple of my bloggy friends in person. We're going to have to have a big get together some day. That would be awesome.

I really miss your Ace Ventura picture, though...

Bud said...

Thanks dude! I enjoy reading your stuff even when my name isn't in it! hahaha
Thanks Tony

Anonymous said...

Tony, I appreciate the mention.

The blogging world is new to me, but the blessings have already been off the charts!

Thanks for posting.

Bernadette Pabon ,Teacher, Director of CCD, Author said...

Yes I believe all things can be use for the good of all. I am in facebook with a lot of students of mine, and at times they write things I have no use for, but since I was led there I feel we can use even facebook for the good of all, and to tell about what God is doing for all of us, in context of what remarks they make. Yes one student said I was changing her. I said no, God is changing you.

Peter P said...

Isn't it interesting how little communities are made through blogs.

Thank you for sharing these with us. I'll have to go through and visit them all... some day!

Mesha said...

...hahaha..i am JUSt now reading this post from...well, 1/2 a year ago but I agree...blogging friends ARE real friends and thanks for consider me one in return. Have a great 4th of July Tony C!