Friday, December 19, 2008

Quite on the set people...I said quite!

So, I'm directing a live nativity play at our church this weekend. Thankfully, I live in a part of the country where we can still do those things without creating a riot scene in the streets...at least I hope.

I did read today that parents attending a school 'holiday' play in California received a real treat. It seems we can't mention Jesus, virgin birth, nativity, etc. in our schools in case someone take offense, but these parents sat and watched their kids dancing around dressed as trees singing, 'I'm getting so hot,' and 'the oceans are drying up,' and 'if we don't stop global warming, we will all die.'

Man...sorry I missed that.

Apparently, several people were actually outraged that the program had nothing, absolutely nothing, to do with Christmas...excuse me...Holiday.

(It is taking me several minutes to write this next sentence because there's so much I would like to say)

Enjoy the video. Merry Christmas.

3 comments:

AtlantaMama said...

love the charlie brown clip! Merry Christmas!!

Unknown said...

Love the Charlie Brown clip also. Merry Christmas, Tony :)

Anonymous said...

Charlie Brown is awesome. Also, I seem to notice this year a few more TV ads using the word Christmas rather than something else. I wonder if their focus groups told them that most people still say Christmas.